Visiting Montreal [F-10-52]
|Location:||SUNY: Flagg 164|
|Classes:||1 Session 1.5 hours|
|Dates:||Wed 10:00 AM 09/22|
NOTE: In order to admit more SOAR members into this class, it has been moved from Van Housen Ext. SB27A to Flagg 164 (same date and time)
Find out how to get to downtown Montreal using the train and, if you prefer to drive, where to park and take public transportation to get to the shopping district, China Town and Old Montreal. Also given out: suggested restaurants (Penny’s favorites).
Penny LeBeau was born and brought up in Montreal. She taught school for 25 years, some of that time preparing students who needed help in order to pass the New York State Regents Exams.
- http://www.viarail.ca/en - Via Rail web site (for the train schedule).
- http://www.stm.info/English/a-somm.htm - Transport Company of Montreal (for bus and subway prices; clic on single fares a la carte to see how to use the ticket and transfer once you get it; click onfare schedule to confirm the cost - $2.75 - and get information about daily, weekly and monthly passes)
- http://www.montrealgeo.com/ - Comprehensive source of information about Montreal (English version)
- http://www.quebec511.gouv.qc.ca/en/ - For road work / construction
- http://www.bonjourquebec.com - For general information for travel in Quebec
- http://www.tourisme-montreal.org - Good videos on this general travel site
- http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/ - "Know Before You Go" - information on what you can and cannot bring back into the States from Canada (and other places)
- http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=35 - The Delta Hotel in Montreal (which Penny recommends)
- http://www.velo.qc.ca - Bike trails / paths